Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meet My Friend: Ris C Handmade

Hi Belle's Bazaar Readers! I am Marissa from Ris C Handmade and, like Heather, I am pretty new to the world of craft blogging. I was so excited when Heather asked me if I wanted to do a guest post for her. Heather and I met almost 10 years ago at BYU Idaho. We were roommates in an apartment with 6 girls. It was my first year of college and first time away from home and hopefully I wasn't too much of a pain. That was also the year that Heather met her husband, they were so cute and in love ;)




I am a stay-at-home mom of two, a three year old daughter and a 15 month old boy. After my daughter was born, I started making stuff for her and now I just can't stop. I love making things and being creative. It keeps me sane. My mom was always crafting while I was growing up so I guess that is where I get it from. I am also very cheap so usually when I see something I like, instead of buying it, I make it. You can check out some of my stuff on my blog and in my Etsy shop.












I feel like I am always making stuff for my daughter so this time I made something for my little boy. I love bow ties on little boys and this crocheted one is so cute and easy. Anyone with basic crochet skills can do it and I will show you how. For those that can follow patterns, you can find the pattern below. If you want more in depth step-by-step photo directions, head on over to my blog post.






Little Guy Bow Tie Crochet Pattern
by Ris C

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn
Size H Crochet Hook
Yarn needle
1/4" elastic and fabric-tac (or some other way of putting bow tie around your little guy's neck.)

Bow:
Round 1: ch 7, hdc across (start in 2nd ch from hook): 6 hdc
Round 2-20: ch 1*, turn hdc across: 6 hdc
Sew round 1 to round 20 to form a cuff and then pinch center, sew through, wrap yarn around and knot to keep pinch in place.

Center:
Round 1: ch 4, hdc across (start in 2nd ch from hook): 3 hdc
Round 2-9: ch 1*, turn, hdc across: 3hdc
Wrap around center of bow and sew in back to form the center.

Lace a 12" or so (measure neck) piece of 1/4" elastic through back of the center piece and glue ends together with fabric-tac. If you do not have fabric-tac, use a sewing machine to zigzag back and forth a few times to secure the ends together.

*Technically you are supposed to chain 2 for a hdc, but for me, 1 chain seems to look better. Just do whatever works best for you. It all depends on how tight or loose your stitches are.











You can also make them a little smaller and attach them to hair clips for your little girl to wear.





Aren't those just adorable! Thanks, Marissa for this great post. You have a great talent! And your earring are beautiful! Be sure to check her out, friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...