Sunday, August 21, 2011

Muffin Monday: Popovers

Popevers, I have always wanted to make them and just wasn't that impressed by them. Honestly, they didn't have the umph that I thought they would. There wasn't anything wrong with the recipe, I just think I was expecting something different. The one on the right was very burnt, just bad!! The one on the left turned out. My kids loved them. They are really easy though! Found the recipe at epicurous.com
  • Nonstick vegetable oil spray
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

  • Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray nine 1/3-cup muffin cups with nonstick spray. Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups (about 3 tablespoons batter per cup).

Bake popovers 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue to bake until popovers are brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Turn popovers out of pan, loosening with small sharp knife if necessary. Sift powdered sugar over and serve immediately.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haven't tried them either ... maybe I just won't now. Do you have any yummy apple muffin recipes? I'm going to go exploring -- I've got enough apples to stock a store right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...