Friday, February 10, 2012

Fat Friday: Nanah's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Blake's mom makes the most delicious chocolate chip cookie bars. They are so fast and easy and buttery. And if you don't hurry and have some before the five boys get to them, good luck getting some!! So, if you're ever not in the mood to roll out cookies, these are the match for you!

PS. I had to borrow this picture from this website because I keep forgetting to take a picture of these when I make them! But these are pretty much an exact match!

Nanah’s Cookies

Cream together:

1 c. butter

2 eggs

2 t. vanilla

2 c. brown sugar

Add:

3 ¾ c. flour

1 ½ t. salt

1 ½ t. soda

½ bag chocolate chips

1/3 bag coconut (can leave out if you don't like)

Press into sprayed 15 by 1 pan.

375 for 12-17 minutes



Pin It

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yum! I'm a cookie addict and these look so good! Just stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. I hope you will visit www.laughterandgrace.com and follow back.

Thanks!!

Krista said...

My grandma made these every Christmas. Such great memories. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a Happy Valentine's Day and blessed week. ~EMM

Simply Tasheena said...

Yummy! I would love for you stop by and link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Delightful
Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Six Sisters said...

These are a family favorite!!! YUM We loved having you at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come back next Saturday and share more of your great recipes! -The Sisters

Aimee said...

I saw this featured on six sisters and it looks amazing! Maybe I'll under cook them and have a gooey cookie. Topped with icecream. Yum!

lmld.org

Lindsey said...

I tried your recipe last night and unfortunately, I wasn't so successful! I baked it soooo long, until the edges were turning brown but the insides were still totally undercooked! Any suggestions? I am so disappointed because they looked so good!

Heather Nelsen said...

I'm a Heather too! These looks delicious! I will definitely be trying them in the near future. :) I'm a new follower from Six Sisters' Hop. Happy I found your blog! :) Swing by and say hello when you have time- I've got some recipes you may want to try too! :)

Heather said...

Lindsey, did you make sure the cookies were very evenly pressed into the pan? That is the only thing I can think of.

Haley said...

Just made these and am so pleased with the results. I did alter the amount of flour from 3 3/4 cups to 2 1/2 cups and the bars are still very substantial and rose. Can't wait to see what my family thinks of the buttery treat.

Unknown said...

Pinned this recipe for an after school treat--YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...