Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Food!

I am not going all crazy on Valentine's. Maybe I should? Or maybe I am 7 1/2 months prego and I am feeling pretty good about any creativity! So, I will be making overnight french toast in my heart shaped pan. Think it will be pretty great! Dinner will probably be lasagna because my whole family LOVES lasagna! And I truly have the best recipe for it, but we'll see how things are going around that time of day! Might just settle for heart shaped grilled cheese.=)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 loaf french bread cut into slices
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
5 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk

Melt butter and pour in 9 by 13. Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla separately. Layer bottom of pan with half the bread and Sprinkle half brown sugar mix over the bread. Layer second layer of bread. Pour egg mix over the bread making sure all are covered. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over top. Cover and refrigerate. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes at 350. Take off foil and cook for 15 minutes longer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...