Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fat Friday: Cream Cheese Banana Bread



This recipe came from some old college cookbook and I haven't been able to make another banana bread since! Everyone we give it to loves it and wants more. It is just so soft, even the next day. Heaven in a loaf!

I gave some to the school teachers and bus drivers and it was just right.

Cream Cheese Banana Bread
¾ c. butter
Package cream cheese
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. flour
½ t. powder
½ t. salt
½ t. soda
½ t. vanilla
½ c. bananas (I use 3 whole bananas)
1/2 t. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
Topping: Mix with a fork and add on top before cooking
1 T. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 T. butter
½ c. brown sugar
I made a boo boo and forgot to tell you to this makes two loaves! Just ask my two cute sisters in law who made one gigantic loaf! Either way works, but the one gigantic loaf will just take 1 1/2 hours to cook.=)
350 45-60 minutes
Sometimes takes longer. Even if it is a little doughy in the middle after 55sh minutes or so, it will set up fine.

7 comments:

South Bay Studio said...

I will definately try this banana bread recipe. The cream cheese should add a rich taste to it. Thanks for sharing...Kathi

Janelle said...

WOW! This looks delicious! Definitely going to pin this recipe so I can save it for later ;)

Mindie Hilton said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time. Merry Christmas.

Missy said...

Hands down, BEST banana bread EVER!! Found this via Pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing!! For years my husband has raved about banana bread that a former co-worker made for him all the time. Until now, nothing I have made has compared. He loved this!!

Heather said...

Missy, glad to hear you liked it. It is a treasure!!

Jutta Lenihan said...

Gosh this sound so delicious!
Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza!
Come back today and vote for your favorite and maybe get a spot on my Wall of Fame!
Here is the link: http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/october-31st-2012.html

Meghan said...

This sounds great. I love banana bread with streusel topping, but have never heard of it with cream cheese in the batter. I'm pinning this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...