Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Best Pumpkin Muffins Ever!!




I like pumpkin, so sue me! My whole family loves it! I wonder sometimes if pumpkin is only really appreciated because it isn't used all year round. Maybe pumpkin wouldn't be so special if it were? I think not, but then again, I like pumpkin, so sue me! This is a great recipe I got from cooks.com. Sometimes I can't find much there, but this was just yummy! So yummy, in fact, that when I got back from tutoring, they were all gone. The only evidence remaining: crumbs on the table.

I also used a cinnamon/sugar topping on these. I am thinking of replacing crumbly toppings with just cinnamon/sugar. It still gives it some crunch without all the extra fat and stuff. Yes, I know sugar isn't good for me either. Baby steps here! I am 7 months pregnant!
3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger

Mix dry ingredients and add:

1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.

Prepare muffin tins by greasing with vegetable oil or butter and sprinkling lightly with flour. Shake out excess.

Fill muffin tins three-quarters full and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...