Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thinking Thursday: Snowflower and the Secret Fan

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan Poster

This is a great read. I have never learned much about China or Chinese culture, but in my book club, we read another book by Lisa See called Shanghai Girls. Both of these books are difficult to read because of the subject matter. Feet binding, abuse, discrimination, death. So hard to read. But I believe anything hard to read is worth it if I am learning something new that can help me to see the world and life more openly.

I saw that there was a movie made of this book, so I wanted to read the book first. It is the story of two girls and how their relationship grows and changes throughout their lives. Beginning with feet binding and ending 80 years later. Truly a great read.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...