Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homemade Syrup......and beyond!


I have often thought of making my own syrup, but not until Saturday was I forced into it. Husband's birthday. Only a smigeon left at the bottom of the bottle. Google is my bff.=)

I got it at allrecipes

It was super duper yummy and thick and wonderful!!

  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup water

Directions

  1. Stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir in vanilla extract and water. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often. Continue to boil and stir until mixture thickens to syrup consistency. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

My husband would completely FREAK if we ran out of syrup. LOL

Amy @ A Little Nosh

Brittany said...

This is awesome! I never even thought about making syrup from scratch....bet it's delicious. I'm your newest follower...loving your blog! Your recipes are wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...