Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Set tin aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, white and brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl stir together the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract until well blended. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the liquid mixture into the well and gently stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into muffins cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (a little chocolate is ok here). Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool before serving. Makes 12 muffins.