Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thinking Thursday: Perseverance

"Pay as little attention to discouragement as possible. Plough ahead as a steamer does, rough or smooth - rain or shine. To carry your cargo and make your port is the point. "
Maltbie Davenport Babcock

We have had some ups and downs lately. Broken car. Looking for new jobs. Kids in school. Running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Blake taking his last test to finish his degree. Me being pregnant and not feeling so grand. A messy house. Potty training. Life, I am sure that you all have similar ones!

But overall, this is the quote I needed. And isn't it just the truth. The point is to get there and to hopefully like it. But to not lose sight of the goal. Doesn't the goal just seem so far off sometimes? But there is a plan and God knows the plan and we can know the plan as well!

Now off to clean the kitchen and get on top of life once again! (So, I can watch Modern Family and have some of my son's birthday cake in peace!) I wish I had a tub in my front room. =)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...