Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lemon Rice

I made this lemon rice because I love light and lemony flavors and this just looked perfect! I simmered it a bit too high, so it got a little burned, but I was able to get most of it out without too many problems. Here is the recipe and HERE is where I got it!! Sisters Cafe is one of my go to recipe spots. Such great variety and yummy and easy too!

Lemon Rice

4 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups white rice, uncooked
3/4 cup celery, diced
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoons lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 bay leaf

In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add green onion until softened. Add rice and stir to coat. Add celery, chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, pepper and bay leaf and bring to boil. Once rice is boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Toss rice and let stand for 5 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...