Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baked French Fries and Fry Sauce

I have made a lot of french fries in my time and these are by far the best. I mean, wow!! They are steak fries and so seasoned perfectly and perfect with the sauce. I even made them one Sunday when I had no milk and no eggs and we had Ramen and french fries for dinner. I don't like ramen, so I had french fries for dinner.=) If you haven't checked out Six Sisters' Stuff, you must!! Full of great recipes!

I saw this recipe over at A Kentucky Girl Cooks a couple of weeks ago and I have made them many times! They are so easy to throw together, super inexpensive, and my kids LOVE them. I love that they are baked and not fried- but they still have a "crunch" to them! They also have great flavor. Definitely a keeper at our house.


6 Russet Potatoes cut into lengthwise quarters (I used 4)
6 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add your oil to a baking sheet with sides.
Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Combine all dry ingredients into bag–either ziplock or paper, and add a few potatoes at a time. Shake to coat well. Place the potatoes coated side down into the oil in the pan.
Continue doing this until all the potatoes have been coated and placed in the oil. Bake for about 20 minutes and then pull out and flip over on the other side. Bake for an extra 20 minutes. Pull wedges out of the oven and then sprinkle with alittle kosher salt. Serve hot.
Have you ever heard of
Utah's Famous PINK Fry Sauce?
OH. MY. GOODNESS. Once you have tried it, you will never go back. Fries and hamburgers will never taste the same once you have had this! And it compliments these Tater Wedges perfectly! :)
This is how we make it:

2/3 cup mayo (light is fine)
1/3 cup ketchup

Mix together until thoroughly blended.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...