Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The only pasta Sauce my kids like


This is the yummiest sauce ever!!! It's from The Pioneer Woman. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but this sauce is just awesome! You can add anything to it and it just works. It is so creamy! My kids don't realize there are onions in it either. It is so easy and pretty healthy too! My husband likes it because it is "rustic". My kids like it because it isn't "chunky". I cut this recipe in half because we aren't very good at eating second day spaghetti.

I usually have a salad with it. Yes, we eat salad here. Lots of it AND fruits and vegetables too.=) I make a bagged salad from Fresh and Easy called European mix. It has a bunch of different kinds of lettuce in it. I just get sick of iceberg, am I the only one? And I add some cucumber, green onion and tomatoes (for those who want them). And I use the yummiest Kroger (Smith's brand) salad dressing called Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette. That stuff is amazing! I put some marbled cheese on top. Before I was pregnant, I ate this with every lunch and some dinners and it kept me full and happy and helped me lose 10 pounds. yippee!

2 T olive oil

2 T butter

1 med. Onion

4 cloves, garlic minced

Cook together till onions are soft. Add garlic a few minutes before done.

2 15 ounce tomato sauce

Cook and add cream when done.

1 c. cream

Fresh basil

I never have fresh herbs, but I use dried thyme and it is just delicious and a little Italian Seasoning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...