Sunday, October 30, 2011

Last Minute Halloween Treats

Halloween treats are so fun to make. Food is "funner" at Halloween. (I know funner is not a word.)
I made these whoopie pies for a little get together with a friend. The frosting was more orange in real life. Then, I thought maybe I should do green? Too late now!

These are cake mix cookies and possibly the fastest and yummiest treat to throw together.

1 box cake mix

½ c. oil

2 c. chocolate chips

2 eggs

350 for 8-10 min.

Frosting from this site:

The BEST Cream Cheese Frosting Ever

1 package cream cheese (8 oz)

1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)

4 cups confectioners sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons imitation vanilla (I think if you use pure vanilla extract cut it to 1 tsp)

I threw all the ingredients in a bowl and mixed with a spoon (thats right, by hand) until the confectioners sugar was incorporated. I noticed there were a lot of lumps so I got out the hand held mixer, and used it on med. for less then a minute. (that added SUCH a smooth and light texture!)



My super awesome sister, Michelle made these cupcakes for our little family Halloween party. They are cockroaches and spiders. Cockroaches made out of tootsie rolls, caramels and rasinets. The spiders were a mold. She is gifted!! And she can make cupcakes for you too. Leave me a comment if you need any and I can get you in contact with her!

Eyeball deviled egss. Nasty sounding "eye" know (haha), but delicious just the same! I got the idea from this site and because of sick hubby and grumpy kids, wasn't as creative as hers, but same effect!

Hope you all have a great Halloween!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Those cockroach cupcakes are awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...