Saturday, October 1, 2011

Overnight French Toast Casserole

I never post on the weekend, but seeing how it is General Conference for our church I couldn't resist! General Conference happens twice a year in our church and our leaders broadcast uplifting and inspiring messages about Jesus Christ and how we can improve our lives for the better. I always feel more uplifted after watching. Anyone can watch! To find out more, go here:

Moving on!! I thought I had the perfect overnight french toast recipe, wrong o! This is the perfect one! Although, I have decided I would cut the butter in half and the brown sugar to around half and it would be perfect. This baby I am carrying is not a fan of too sweet. My husband is. However, he is not carrying a baby! I got the recipe f:


1/2 cup melted butter
1 loaf french bread cut into slices
1 cup brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
5 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk

Melt butter and pour in 9 by 13. Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla separately. Layer bottom of pan with half the bread and Sprinkle half brown sugar mix over the bread. Layer second layer of bread. Pour egg mix over the bread making sure all are covered. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over top. Cover and refrigerate. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes at 350. Take off foil and cook for 15 minutes longer.


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh yum! That looks delicious! I have got to try that for sure, my family loves french toast!

Katie said...

I would like to give this a try in the near future. Never made it and have always wanted too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...