Monday, July 25, 2011

Banana Split Crepes

These originally began as strawberry crepes and I wanted to make them pretty, so I started adding more stuff. When we tasted them, they tasted like banana splits!! I am serious! I was pleasantly surprised and so were my kids who had 3 each. (Won't even mention how many my husband had!)=)

This crepe recipe comes from a woman in my church who is pretty much the most amazing woman/mother/person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! 7 chilren, homeschools, seemingly endless patience and on top of that, cute as a button! So, I knew this recipe had to be great!!

1 cup flour

1 1/4 c. whole milk ( I have used 1% and it is fine.)

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. salt

2 T powdered sugar

2 eggs

1 heaping tablespoons heaping butter, melted

Mix and mix and mix except eggs and butter, until there aren't any lumps. Add the eggs and butter and mix again. Chill in fridge for half hour.

While it's chilling, cut bananas and strawberries and make the SECRET WEAPON! Yes, this is the secret weapon that makes these crepes taste like banana splits. I had this dip at a playgroup 3 years ago and we make it every summer. It is heaven. It is easy! It is perfectly perfect!

Mix large cool whip and large vanilla pudding. Have also used sugar free everything and it tasted exactly the same!

Heat skillet to medium heat. Spray. Spoon 3 T of batter onto pan and swirl around till coats pan. Let it cook 1 minute until the top isn't wet anymore. Flip and cook for about 30 seconds more.

This is so easy! Your kids will love it! I am on a mission to fill with more fun stuff.

Add mini chocolate chips and a bit of syrup and a bit of cinnamon. You can use anything you love on a banana split, nuts, chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, but please no cherries!!!

If you have even read down this far, let me know what you like in crepes?!

9 comments:

Valerie said...

I like mine with powdered sugar the best! MMMMM! I do love the chocolate crepes from the original pancake house!

sohirach said...

uh, YUM.

follow me?
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Dora said...

They were yummy! Thanks for lunch!

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

Now, those look delicious! I'm printing this one out! I'm a new follower....Come over and check out my blog...I just posted a recipe also~
~Lisa@OrganizedChaos
organizedchaos-lisa.blogspot.com

Maggie Lamarre said...

omg if i don't go make this right now I might pass out...
I'll be honored for you to join our linking party every Wednesdays at http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Heather said...

Thank you all!!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I bet they were INDEED a big hit with the kiddos and hubby. I'll have to print out the recipe for my hubby. He loves sweet things. That's why he married me! lol

Thanks for linking to the party last week. I would love to have you join me EACH week. Come by tonight and see yourself featured! ;)

By the way, I'm your newest follower.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Thanks, Liz!! That just made my day! I love your blog and all your fresh ideas. Everything looks so crisp and outdoorsy.=) Follow you back!

Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

these look good! I wish I wasn't allergic to bananas or dairy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...