Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fat Friday!

To be entered into the "win this awesome/fat dessert", leave me a comment on your favorite post I have done so far and one here letting me know you did.=)

Yes, these treats are wicked, wicked awesome! I won't get into caloric details and it doesn't really matter, because Friday is my day off. If it's not your day off, I apologize sincerely, but these must be shared! Picky Palate has got to be one of the yummiest blogs ever, full of ridiculous yumminess!! The girl knows her sweets. With that said, here is this week's fat treat.

And the recipe:

Gooey Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake Bars

1 Devils Food Cake Mix

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened

1 large egg

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

14 Oreo Cookies, broken into bite size pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Use your hands, it works much quicker :) Press into prepared baking pan. Top with broken pieces of cookies.

3. Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven.

4. After 5 minutes of cooling, run a plastic knife around edges to loosen, this makes it much easier to remove from foil. Let cool completely, remove foil from pan, then cut into squares. I cut off all of the edges before cutting into squares (makes for neater squares), but do whatever you’d like!!

Makes 12 bars

5 comments:

Dora said...

See classics. =)

Unknown said...

OH MY STARS!!! this has *got* to be the absolute yummiest looking dessert ever! Ok, I don't live near Las Vegas, but can I enter and win it for one of my favorite SIL's ever?! and then glare at her when she sends me pics of herself eating the dessert???

Heather said...

Laura, of course you can!! Where does your sil live in Vegas?

Monica Bell said...

Heather, why do you tempt me with such yummy deserts?!? I am entering to win, and if I do I will mentally take a giant bite of that goodness (and you can eat it for me!) If only you were closer!

Heather said...

Sarah is the lucky winner!! Thanks for your input and entering. See ya next week!=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...