Monday, July 18, 2011

Thinking Thursday: What I Believe

I would be remiss if I didn't mention my love for The Book of Mormon. I am a Mormon and I have always believed in The Book of Mormon, but it wasn't until recently that I really started to have a desire and interest in the book. I have always read it and tried to follow the teachings, but I started reading 10 verses a day with my kids at breakfast. Our goal was to get Hailey to read The Book of Mormon by the time she turned 8, in 2 years. There are 531 pages. Reading it 10 verses at a time has really slowed us down and gotten us to understand what is going on. It has been wonderful! It is exciting! The kids enjoy reading it. They remind me if I forget.
My goal has always been to get my kids to love Jesus and to know Jesus. The Book of Mormon will teach you about Jesus and about His love for you. If you are interested in a free Book of Mormon, go here....

Now onto this book, a true gem among books. Perfect for anyone! You don't have to be a Mormon. I am almost at a loss for words on how to describe this book and this wonderful woman. Marjorie Hinckley was the wife of President Hinckley, the past prophet of our church. She is the most patient, loving, kind, hilarious woman that I would ever love to meet! I never knew about the trials she went through because you could never tell by looking at here. She was always smiling, always cheerful, always the most wonderful woman. She was a fabulous grandmother, helped her grandchildren know that they were #1 to her. She was fun! She had Christmas parties each year for them. Kids only. She worked hard. She never seemed to complain, although she had room to. A true example of Jesus Christ and what a real woman should be. If you are in need of a boost in life and want a push in the right direction, read this book about this woman. The most optimistic and real and terrific woman.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...