Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pizza Heaven, here you come aka BBQ chicken pizza




































What is better than homemade pizza? No store bought/delivery/etc. pizza can compare! And I have found the best pizza and dough recipe. The dough recipe on accident from my cousin, Rebecca, the pizza recipe from my sister-in-law! The best part about the dough is that it makes a little too much so that you can make breadsticks after! The first time I made this my oldest daughter (picky Ms. Pickerson) kept saying, "This is the best crust I have ever had!" So, enjoy! And be sure to have some kind of salad to cut the guilt in half. And while we're at it, what pizza combos does your family enjoy?
Pizza Dough

1 ½ c. water 2 T. sugar 4 t. yeast

4 T. oil 1 T. garlic salt 4 c. flour

2 t. salt 1 T. Italian season 375 for 15 min.


Seems like a lot of garlic salt, but it is right!
Let hot water, sguar and yeast sit for 10 minutes. Add the rest and knead for 10 minutes (or so) Let rise till double. This recipe takes longer to rise for some reason. Put cornmeal on the pan or spray it. I just recently bought my first pizza stone, thanks to my sister-in-law, Kellie, and yes, I did ask the pizza stone, "Where have you been all my life?!"

The pizza is simple and healthy and delicious and heaven!
Rotiserrie chicken or sautee a mixture of dark and white chicken. I find if you cook the red onion (1/2 cup) with the chicken first, it makes everything a little softer and more flavorful. Squeeze out as much as you like of Sweet Baby Rae's bbq sauce. You have to use this kind! It is the best!! It is at Smith's or anywhere,I think and you can get it for $1 on sale. One of the best kept secrets out there! Thank you, Mindy! Mix and put on pizza crust. Add cheese on top. Really, you can do it to your taste. I do half and half because my kids won't touch the chicken side!Cook 350 for 12-15 min.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...