Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

This dish is just delicious! I never had a taste for mushrooms until I was pregnant with my last child and all of a sudden, I loved them! You know how pregnancy makes you do all kinds of interesting stuff! This was also the first time I had bought wine in my whole entire life! I went on a Saturday night and hoped I didn't see anyone from church.=)



I got the recipe from allrecipes. That place is a mine field of awesome recipes! I cut mine in half for my little family with only 3/5 people who like mushrooms (and chicken). The rest were happy with pasta and parmesan! That's what is so great about pasta. Kids love it!

  • 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
  • 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons cold water

Directions

  1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Cover and cook until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in wine or broth, butter, salt and pepper.
  2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...