Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Recipes that Might Rock your World!

Don't you just feel full thinking about Thanksgiving?! I have some recipes that I would make if Thanksgiving were at my house. Thankfully, it is not! Here is one that my Aunt Jenny shared years ago! It sounds odd, but nothing could be more awesome! Just like Aunt Jenny.=)

I have so many wonderful blessings to be grateful for. My husband, my kids, my freedoms in this country, food, a house, a job and knowing that God is real and loves me. What more could you ask for? Hope you all enjoy your many blessings!

Pu Pu Platter
Really. this chestnuts, bacon and carmelized ketchup. You think you might not like it? Wrong!! So good!
I borrowed this picture from the Rachael Ray website because I didn't have a picture. Pretty huh?
3 can whole water chestnuts
2 lbs. bacon cut in half
Wrap bacon around each water chestnut and secure with toothpick. Bake on a cookie sheet with a rack for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. (Have never really used a rack and it's been fine.) Cool and then dip each into a mixture of 1 cup ketchup and 1 cup sugar. Drain the grease from the cookie sheet and bake again for 30 minutes. Serve warm.






These are my favorite ever! Even my kids like them and that's saying something!

This woman with 8 children in my church made these for years, so you know they are perfect!



Don't get me wrong, I love pie! But these are just too yummy to pass up.


4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my - they sure are some tasty looking recipes!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Its So Very Cheri said...

YOU have been featured in my SATURDAY SHOWCASE. Come on over and check it out and grab a featured button (down in my footer.

http://itssoverycheri.com/2011/11/26/saturday-showcase-11-26-2011/

Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

Marie said...

Everything looks yummy! So glad you linked up with us!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

It all looks delicious! Love your blog!
http://funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...