Sunday, November 13, 2011

Family Home Evening: Thankful and French Onion Rolls

Tonight, Spencer did fhe for his first time. He wasn't too excited about it until he realized he got to pick who said the prayer and song.=) He did a great job! We made this turkey with what we are thankful for:
Dad: Heather (I do have a name besides mom!), Hailey, Spencer, Brooke
Mom: House and our approaching baby
Hailey: Food, Jesus, Church
Spencer: Heavenly Father, Family, House
Brooke: Owen's house (we said "friends")
It went pretty well and we talked about how to help others especially with all the blessings we have in our lives. We had sweet potato pie for dessert that Blake bought from the store. Not bad, but you know, many store bought are not as cooked as home cooked! But less dishes for me.=)

Song: Thankful Song
Thank thee for the world so sweet.
Thank thee for the food we eat.
Thank thee for the birds that sing.
Thank thee God for everything.

Quote:
1 Chronicles 23:30
And to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord, and likewise at even.

Scripture: D&C 59:7
Thou shalt thank the Lord they God in all things.

Goal:
To make sure we thank Heavenly Father for more blessings in our prayers.
Then, we watched The Grinch that Stole Christmas.

Because it's not right to post without a recipe, I have to share these bad boys! I used my regular roll recipe and put this coating on that I found at All Recipes. They just add more umph to the rolls. I did half with the coating and half without.


1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup butter

Mix cheese and soup mix in one bowl and melted butter in another. Cover uncooked rolls in butter, then cheese mixture. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

These rolls look delicious and simple! Must make them soon!

Charissa said...

Saw your stuff on my sister's blog junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com. I love how easy this looks to make and will definitely try it. I love the turkey craft too; my family does that every year and it's great for Primary sharing times too. Thanks for linking up to our party today.

Marilyn said...

Yummmy..these look great :)) ..I love it.. I have a Pin'Inspirational party happening right now I'd LOVE for you to link this to please..? TY so much.. Wishing you a great start to your weekend.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html

Its So Very Cheri said...

I featured you
http://itssoverycheri.com/2011/11/19/saturday-showcase-11-19-2011/

Cheri

D+B said...

Look so delicious and simple.. I am going to have to try.. I am your newest follower.. If you would like to check out my blog to that would be so great, and follow me back and facebook too. I will be doing free giveaways here shortly on clothing and mineral makeup :)

-Thanks
Brooke
blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for linking up with us and hope you join us again this Wednesday! Happy Thanksgiving!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...