Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fat Friday: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, you can win these bad boys this week! Don't they just sound heavenly with a cup of milk? If you live in Las Vegas and want to win these and I will drop them off at your house even, leave me a comment on your favorite post on the blog. Easy peasy!


I got the recipe from Six Sisters Stuff

*Makes about 4-5 dozen

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups smooth or chunky peanut butter
1 ½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ tablespoons milk
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips (or a combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine the butter and peanut butter and beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy (you can do this with a hand mixer or with an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment). Add the brown and white sugars and mix until well combined. Add the eggs and mix for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is well combined and light in color. Add the milk and vanilla and mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix just briefly. While there are still large spots of flour, add the chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips or both) and mix until the flour is completely mixed in and the mixture is well combined. Let the cookie dough sit for 15 minutes before scooping onto the baking sheets. It will firm up as it sits.
When ready to bake, scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets leaving about 1 to 2 inches in between the cookies to allow for spreading as they bake. Bake for 8-10 minutes, taking care not to overbake in the slightest! Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes after baking before removing them to a cooling rack. This will help them set up and be firm enough to transfer without having them overbake in the oven. The cookies may look slightly underbaked but they will firm up as they cool. Resist the urge to eat them warm as they taste much better cooled.
I pop baked and cooled cookies into the freezer (in a large tupperware or freezer-safe ziploc bag) and they taste great out of the freezer, especially if they are left to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.

7 comments:

Desiree said...

I think I should win because I'm the first to comment. They look good and unlike you I am way too lazy to bake. You're a champ.

Desiree said...

Oh and I really loved your happy mom post.

Heather said...

Desiree, I wouldn't say lazy!! I would say way busy with 5 kids! And you're awesome at it.=)

Valerie said...

These look great! They would help me survive a four day weekend! :)

Valerie said...

How could I pick a favorite post!? I love your positive posts and your yummy recipes!

Heather said...

Valerie, I still totally owe you the oreo things! I suck! But I will get them to you.=)

Heather said...

Desiree, you are the lucky winner this time! See ya soon.=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...