Thursday, September 26, 2013

Late (5 minute prompt)

Late (oops the word was last and I wrote about late) Next time will be about last.=)


I had many thoughts when it came to writing about “late”.  I have a fear of being late.  Late to sales because the deals will be gone.  Late to church because we’ll have to sit in the hall with the crazy four kids!  Late to school because I will get in trouble.  Just being late in general.  But then I thought of when I was pregnant with Hailey and she was 6 days late and I thought “I am going to be pregnant forever!”  I really thought that.  And yet, here she is 8 ½ years old and those late days don’t even matter.  Then I thought about when Spencer asks me “Is it too late?”  after I have told him to get dressed a million times in the morning or he doesn’t get video games for the day.  And I wonder, why does late matter?  Why does on time matter?  How come time makes us rush so much and yet, we need time to help us stay on track.  Being late isn’t going to change my life so much, but the effect of being late will change the outcome of church, sales, and tardiness in school.  I wish I cared less about being late and sometimes I do!  But I never want to be “late” when it comes to my kids. I don't ever want to look back on our lives together and think, “Wow, it’s too late for us.  It is too late for me. I missed the boat.”  I want to think I was here in the moment and didn't wish away my time.  Because time is really the only thing we have to measure our lives.  I wish there was another way, but there isn’t.  ANd each year, each birthday goes by and I know it’s not too late to change. It’s not too late to laugh more, to be more fun, to be more loving and kind.  It’s never too late to be somebody better.  I was talking to Blake the other night about the day we will meet God to be judged and if I am not careful, it really could be too late. I really could miss the boat on that one, if I don’t stay on top of myself and my choices.  That is one “too late” that would affect me for eternity.  So, let’s hope I can be on time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...