Friday, November 16, 2012

Hearty Bacon Potato Chowder



This soup is so warm and comforting and easy on top of that!  I remember the first time I ate it. My mom made it for a Christmas Eve get together with our extended family.  It was so filling but I was wishing it weren't so I could have more.  It really is that great.  And perfect with some warm bread.  My favorite rolls are here and my favorite whole wheat bread is here.

I made this for a soup night last night where we got together and brought a bunch of different soups to try.  It was so yummy!  Perfect for cold areas! Or not cold.  

Hearty Bacon Potato Chowder

8 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 c (6 med) cubed 1/2" new red potatoes
1 c. (2 med) chopped onions
1 c. sour cream
1 1/4 c. milk
can of cream of chicken soup
8 ounce can kernel corn, drained
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. thyme leaves
In 3 qt. saucepan cook bacon over med heat for 5 min; add potatoes and onions.  Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (15 to 20 min).  Add remaining ingredients.  Continued cooking and stirring occasionally until heated through. (10 to 12 min)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

This sounds so good. I recently made Pioneer Woman's Chowder and it was amazing.

Artbyasm said...

These look great! Please come by and post on our blog party! Thank you! Please help spread the word!

http://artbyasm.blogspot.com/search/label/Blog%20Party

Warmest Regards,
Annamaria

Cindy said...

So Good thank You Heather!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...