Monday, February 20, 2012

Pizza Bites

This was a mish mash of lots of recipes I came across and I kind of just tried my own thing on it. It was supposed to be made in a bundt pan and have the bundt shape but it didn't really work out that way. Oh well, it was still yummy!!

I used this pizza dough recipe from squidoo. I still love my go to recipe, but this was perfect for the calzone, so I thought I would try it out here too.

2 1/2 to 3 cups flour (can use a combination of white and whole wheat if you prefer)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) yeast
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 cup very warm water


Combine yeast, sugar, 1 cup of the flour, and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm water and oil and mix. Stir in remaining flour slowly until dough is soft but not sticky. Knead until smooth. Let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes before making the calzone.

Then I rolled them into 2 inch or so balls and made an indentation in the center and added a 1/2 inch cube of mozarella cheese and a quarter of pepperoni. Then I rolled it in some butter and bread crumbs. Talk about yum!

Cook them at 375 for about 10-15 minutes.



Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...