Monday, August 1, 2011

Watermelon Pie

This pie is so refreshing and unusual and the perfect summer flavor!! I had to take a picture of it outside while the kids were in the slip n slide becuase it is an "eat outside" kinda pie!

I got some watermelons for 87 cents, yes! 87 cents!! I couldn't pass it up. After eating some for every meal, I decided to check online and see what else I could do with it.

I found this recipe here, but changed it up a little so I didn't have to go to the store!


Crust:
Use your favorite graham cracker crust recipe

OR
1 1/2 c. low fat graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. melted butter
3 T sugar

Filling:
12 ounces fat free cool whip
3 ounces strawberry jello
1/4 cup water
2 cups watermelon chunks

Combine crumbs, butter, sugar and press into 9 inch pie plate. Make filling by boiling water and mixing in jello. Mix, Mix! Add in watermelon balls. Pour in. Chill for 1 hour! Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...