Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dress up a boring dress!









































This bow should have been made long ago, however, I did not know of the simplicity of making a bow (or that I would receive five compliments from this bow!!) And boy was I happy that it didn't look homemade. There is nothing worse than making something and it turns out so bad that even you (the maker) thinks it looks homemade! Now, unless we're talking about homemade bread or chocolate chip cookies, you get the picture, right?!

Blake was out of town a few weeks ago and I got all crafty in my nightly loneliness and busted this out in an hour and a half. This dress was just too boring for words and I would gladly wear some cute jewelry and a cardigan or something, but the 110 degrees in Vegas would just not allow it!

Disclaimer: The safety pin was removed. It was still in the finishing process and also my 6 year old took the picture, thus the extreme tallness factor.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats on your new blog!! You'll find it to be such a great outlet, you are so talented too! Best of luck to you, thanks for your kind email :)

Picky Palate

Allison said...

So cute!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Sew cute! (I couldn't resist the pun) ~ fun to meet you through TK and congrats on your blog...Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...