Monday, July 25, 2011

Muffin Monday: Mimi's Cafe Carrot Bread

Have you been to Mimi's Cafe? I have. The food is eh, the bread is heaven!! The best part is the bread comes before the meal. The second best part is it is free. It is great. It is good every time. Makes me happy just thinking about it! So, when I saw this posting on my college friend Donna's blog, I just had to share! You will love Donna, by the way, she is hilarious and honest and lives in the middle of New York City. You will enjoy your stop at her blog!

In the meantime, here is the recipe. Which you can also turn into muffins by the way!! Just cook for 18sh minutes and check on them every few minutes to see if they are done.

Mimi's Carrot Raisin Bread
Ingredients

1 1/2 C flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat, 1C white)
1teaspoon baking soda
2t baking powder
2t cinnamon
1/2t salt
3/4 C oil
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 C walnuts chopped (I used almonds since that was what I had. I'm sure pecans would be good too)
1/2 C crushed pineapples drained
1/2 C raisins
1 C shredded carrot ( I threw mine in the food processor)

Method
Sift first five ingredients (yes you have to.) In a separate bowl whisk oil, sugar and eggs. Stir liquid mix into flour mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients. Grease a 9-in pan or four mini loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 mins. For the mini loaves you want to bake for about 30. Baking time will also depend on your oven. I have a gas oven, and its a bit wonky.

**After its done baking leave the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a cooking rack. If you take it out right after its in the oven, it will fall apart, and so will you**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...