Thursday, July 28, 2011

Favorite Friday: Blogs that make me happy

You know how there are a few blogs that you just think are so great? That you get all excited when they are updated and fill your soul with happy thoughts? I have a few if you are interested.

1) I had a friend in college, Ryan, who was a great guy. He fought a year long battle with cancer and returned to heaven. The amazing thing is his wife and kids. She kept a blog of his year long journey with the most optimistic and hopeful point of view. Truly, he is a lucky man to have her for a wife. She has continued the story by writing a blog, Dear Ryan, where she talks about what she and her kids are up to. It is so great to see such testimony and love of her husband and our Savior, Jesus Christ. You would be doing yourself a real favor to stop by.


2) I don't know this girl, but her mother in law is in my book club. Don't I wish I knew her though because she seems like the most fun and sweet girl ever! Such sweet kids and her outlook on life is great! She switched from digital photography to (gasp!) film photography, which I totally give her props for. This is not an easy task! I did film photography in high school and it is time consuming and tough. She does it so well!


2) This is a daily blog. You can get an 8 by 10 print of gorgeous photography from amateur and professional photographers. Beautiful!! And you can't beat 10 bucks a print! One of my favorites:
Daisy Blues - Heather McFarland


4) And finally, this amazing girl who changes junk furniture into unbelievable treasures!! She perfects the art of shanty chic! And gives me inspiration to paint all of my furniture fun and bright colors! Here's a spoiler!
DSC_0014

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Cool, I want to check out DearRyan!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Sorry that the link didn't work yesterday, I got it fixed

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...