Monday, March 24, 2014

Again (5 minute prompt)

I was in Las Vegas last year staying with one of my favorite friends, Laurie.  She is about the most hilarious person you will meet.  Honest, truthful, loyal and an open Dr. Pepper addict.  She is a mother of five and has been through trying times.  First, the death of her brother-in-law, then miscarriages and a stillborn baby at 38 weeks, Elle.  While I was at her house, we had a great time.  Her husband was out of town for part of the time and she was getting the kids in the shower.  As a mom, you must know the showering "fun".  The mess, explosion of bubbles, "I don't want to get in.", "I don't want to get out."  And as I watched the organized chaos, I was in admiration of her.  With all she has going on and all that has happened to her, she continued to live. She continued to care for her family.  She might have been frustrated with her efforts but continued life with her family, pushing forward whens she didn't want to.  When she was so utterly taken with grief.  Many times, I'll be getting my kids into the bath again.  My husband will be working late or out doing church stuff and I will think, Man, I don't want to do this. I want to skip bath!  But then the image of Laurie and her wonderful children comes to my mind and I think, "If she can do it, I can do it."  I will bathe the kids again. Fight them again.  Love them again.  Because I watched a dear friend enter the trenches of life and come out stronger than ever before. 

Laurie has a wonderful blog that tells her story. She is now doing a self-portrait a week about her journey.  And you would be remiss to miss out on it.  She is an inspiration!
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...